I am posting this recipe by popular demand from Facebook followers and customers who had a taste test It’s another made-up-myself concoction of a variety of recipes. It’s extremely delicious and quite filling. Great for school lunches and an after school/work snack. I’m also posting it as part of our ‘Do Easter Well’ campaign. Look out, there will be a few yummy chocolate recipes coming up. We don’t live on chocolate, but can’t deny that it rules our Easter celebrations, and I’d like to give you options
- 125g butter (or half butter, half coconut oil)
- 75g quinoa flakes, 15g NG shredded coconut, 25g almond meal (all blended to become flour consistency) + 25g brown rice flour (or replace this amount with your preferred flour)
- 115g NG coconut sugar
- 30g NG desiccated or shredded coconut
- 15g NG cacao powder
- 1 egg (or 2, if your eggs are smallish)
- I added 20ml NG coconut oil and 1 tbls NG maca powder
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a small slice tray with paper (I doubled the recipe and used an average slice tray).
Melt butter and add to the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Combine well.
Pour into tray and sprinkle top with roughly cut walnuts or macadamia nuts (and I used some white chocolate bits).
Bake for 20-25 mins (slice will harden as it cools).
Allow to cool in tray for 10 minutes and place on a wire rack.